Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Rowan:
Maisie taught me how to begin turning the heel on my s
ock, but somewhere in the tangled fuzzball of my brains, her instructions slipped a few stitches, and now I have a little extra panel on one needle that is not decreasing. Tonight I'll have to tink back (MORE tinking. A little while ago I didn't know what it meant, now I am over-familiar with the term), until I am at ground zero and then figure out how to do it right. Fortunately, I have a talented and patient teacher.


In other news, my mother in Arizona has decided to join the Knitting Olympics
, and will be making a dog sweater for Moses the puppy. Now there will be a strand of magic healing juju running from Arizona to Boston.

Maisie: Well, I got my yarn! Rowanspun Chunky, and lots of it! The socks for the three nameable friends are going well, and the object(s) for the UNNAMEABLE friend are going well. It was his/her birthday today, so I had better finish the part on it I screwed up. My nana and possibly my teacher want to join the knitting olympics, so Mrs. McCarthy had better tell me by midnight if she wants to knit! Below are pics of the yarn and me winding it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stitchy McYarnpants said...

Hey ladies! Welcome to team Boston! Rowan, I just finished my first-ever pair of socks and I can totally realte to fuzz-on-the-brain. For a while there during the heel-turning, I just looked back and forth between my knitting and the pattern a few times and all I could think was "WHAT?!?!?"

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, very impressive you two. It is very interesting. There is a whole world or two out there of knitting and blogging. You have expanded my mind. It looks like a lot of work and fun. Thanks for telling me about your blog. How does one go about doing a blog. I'd ask about the knitting but it looks real tricky, intimidating like. P.S. Rowan does tend to tink alot.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tink i could tink, maybe not. Can brain gets fuzzy without yarn?

Friday, February 10, 2006 3:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home